Straight out of Taranaki, Egmont Honey is a family business that’s appropriately named after the towering mountain that overlooks the entire region. After years of successfully exporting its Manuka to the world, they decided to share the honey love with fellow Kiwis. Now available in Countdown Supermarkets, Egmont Honey has two extremely popular varieties on offer – a delicious Lemon ‘N Honey and a Raw Honey.
Try this deliciously bold and moist loaf by My Weekend Table Blog, made with almonds, whole lemons and sweetened with Egmont Honey’s Raw Honey.
½ cup Egmont Raw Honey, plus extra to serve
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
⅓ cup coconut oil, melted
1 tbsp baking powder
1 ½ cups ground almonds
2 tbsp Egmont Raw Honey
1 tbsp coconut oil
Juice of a lemon
2 tbsp pistachio nuts, chopped
- Place lemons in a medium pot filled with water. Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for 1.5 hours. Drain and cool. (This can be done a couple of days before if you wish.)
- Preheat oven to 180°C then grease and line a loaf tin.
- Roughly chop cooked lemons, removing seeds, then place in a food processor and blend to a pulp. Add honey, eggs, vanilla and coconut oil. Process until well combined. Add baking powder and almond meal and pulse until just combined.
- Pour into your prepared loaf tin and bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Remove from the oven and poke a few holes in the loaf. Melt together honey, coconut oil and lemon juice and drizzle over loaf while warm. Cool for 20 minutes then turn out onto a wire rack.
- Slice extra lemons in you wish and sprinkle with pistachio nuts.