Asian-inspired barbecue fish skewers: United Fisheries
1 Tbsp grapeseed oil
2 Tbsp light brown sugar
1 Tsp ground turmeric
1 Tbsp Thai fish sauce
1/3 cup, coconut cream
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 Tbsp grated root ginger
1/2 Tsp red chilli oil,
2 Tbsp chopped dill
1-2 red peppers, sweet
480g salmon fillet, skinned,
cut into 2cm chunks
500g monkfish fillets, cut into 2cm chunks
light brown sugar
1 garlic clove,
2 Tbsp lime juice
2 Tbsp rice (or cider) vinegar
2 Tbsp Thai fish sauce
1/2 Tsp of red chilli,
- Mix oil, sugar, turmeric, fish sauce, garlic, ginger, chilli, coconut cream and dill. Add chopped fish pieces, toss and coat well. Marinate in fridge for 1 hour. Soak 8 bamboo skewers in water for 30 minutes.
- Dipping sauce – Dissolve sugar in 5 tablespoons boiling water.
Stir in garlic, lime juice, vinegar, Thai fish sauce and chilli.
- Heat barbecue or grill to medium heat. Thread the fish on to skewers, with red peppers, alternating salmon and monkfish. Alternatives include green and yellow peppers, and red onion.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes, turning occasionally until cooked through and caramelised.
- Serve on lettuce bed, with roasted peanuts, mint leaves and lime wedges.
- Serve sauce separately and enjoy.