Sage and mushroom baked brie
Prep time 20 minutes
Cook time 25 minutes
1 ripe camembert (or wheel of brie)
120g button mushrooms
3 sage leaves
50ml dry white wine
1 pinch ground cumin
Freshly ground salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Insert a knife into the skin of the cheese and cut a cross of around 5 cm in the centre. Place it in the Cheese Baker, close the lid, and bake for 20-25 mins.
- During this time, clean the mushrooms with a damp paper towel and cut them into 1/2 cm slices.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan, add the sliced mushrooms and sage leaves. Add freshly ground salt and pepper, and sauté for around 10 mins, tossing regularly, until golden.
- Deglaze with the white wine and continue cooking until the liquid has evaporated.
- Remove the Cheese Baker from the oven and take off the lid. Using a knife, gently lift the skin in the centre and place the mushrooms in the melted cheese.
- Serve immediately with steamed small new potatoes.
About Emile Henry
- Based in the Burgundy region of France and made from a unique, special formula clay only found in the region.
- 6th generation family-owned company and hires local artisans.
- Each piece is crafted by hand and signed by the artisan who made it on the base.
- Famed for it’s incredible heat retention and even distribution, and are 100 percent naturally produced from base material to glaze.
- Find the Emile Henry ceramic range of cheese bakers and more at Total Food Equipment on Moorhouse Ave.