Straight out of Taranaki, Egmont Honey is a family business that’s appropriately named after the towering mountain that overlooks the entire region. After years of successfully exporting its Manuka to the world, they decided to share the honey love with fellow Kiwis. Now available in Countdown Supermarkets, Egmont Honey has two extremely popular varieties on offer – a delicious Lemon ‘N Honey and a Raw Honey.
Try this delicious pizza recipe from In Rhi’s Pantry with Raw Honey generously drizzled all over it.
1 cup warm water
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp instant yeast
2 ½ cups high grade/bread flour
1 tsp salt
⅓ cup tomato passata
1 tsp mixed herbs
1 cup mozzarella
¼ cup ricotta
1 cup fresh rocket
1 tbsp Egmont Honey Raw Honey, warmed
Fresh thyme to garnish
- In a bowl, combine the warm water, sugar and yeast. Leave to stand for 10 minutes.
- Mix the flour and salt into the yeast mixture, then turn out onto a clean floured work surface and knead for 10 minutes. Place into an oiled bowl, cover, and leave to rest for 30 minutes.
- Cut the dough in half, and roll out into two 1cm thick circles. Place onto greased trays.
- Bake in an oven, preheated to 220 degrees, for 15 minutes, then carefully remove from the oven and spread the bases with the tomato passata and sprinkle with mixed herbs. Season and top evenly with the mozzarella cheese. Return to the oven for a further 20 minutes or until the base is golden and the cheese has melted.
- Dollop the ricotta over the pizzas, sprinkle over the rocket and top with the prosciutto. Drizzle over the warmed Egmont honey, season and garnish with thyme leaves. Serve immediately!