This light and minty crustless quiche is lifted by the salty feta. Perfect for a packed lunch, it will also keep well in the fridge for up to two days. Serve warm or cold with a lightly dressed mixed salad.
PER SERVING 340 cals | PROTEIN 17g | CARBS 5.5g | FAT 27.5g | FIBRE 2g
1 tsp olive or canola oil,
200g feta, cut into roughly 1.5cm cubes
200g frozen peas, thawed
4 spring onions, trimmed and finely sliced
6 large eggs
200g full-fat crème fraîche
1 heaped tbsp finely chopped fresh mint
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C and lightly oil a shallow round 20cm ceramic pie or quiche dish. It should be around 4cm deep.
- Arrange the cubes of feta and the peas in the dish and sprinkle over the spring onions.
- Beat the eggs and crème fraîche together in a bowl, then stir in the mint and season well with ground black pepper. (You probably won’t need salt as the cheese is salty already.)
- Pour the egg mixture over the feta and peas and bake for about 35 to 40 minutes, or until just set. (Test by inserting the tip of a knife into the centre – there should be no liquid remaining.)
- Leave the quiche to cool for a few minutes before cutting into wedges to serve.
Extracted from The Fast 800 Easy by Dr Clare Bailey and Justine Pattison. Published by Simon & Schuster Australia, RRP $35. Photography © Smith & Gilmour.