Sequins and spice makes all things nice
We’re seeing sequins everywhere! They’re the hottest embellishment that you literally can’t miss. While a little black dress may be a classic in the fashion world, held up against an outfit showcasing sequins – eyes will more often than not be drawn to the latter.
With the warmer season just around the corner, it’s high time we gave you some tips on how to rock some summer sequins.
- All that glitters: While we did say that in a match against a little black number and a sequin dress, sequins would prevail, a hybrid of the two would make for a head-turner. A little black sequin dress is a sassy and sexy wardrobe must-have. It may not be the right attire for a trip to the supermarket, but it would definitely be appropriate for celebrating that new promotion, birthday or even the New Year.
- Time to reflect: If upon reflection you feel as if a sequin dress may be too much for you, there are other options. Dress pants are always a good idea to have in the wardrobe, especially if they’re made of matte micro sequins. These are perfect because they can be dressed up or down based on the top or accessories that you pair them with.
- A ‘subtle’ shine: If we’re being honest, there’s nothing subtle about sequins. They’re a look that shines… quite literally. But there are other ways to include them into your outfits that aren’t so extensive – one word: accessories. A simple clutch sporting sequins is a great way to add a finishing touch to any outfit. It’s an item that doesn’t scream ‘look at me’ but instead just politely asks for eyes to wander its way.
- Shimmy, shimmy: Combining both fringe and sequins may seem like a crazy idea but, like peanut butter and jelly, even though they shouldn’t work… they do. There’s something satisfying about being able to shake your hips and having your outfit move with you. The Rozela Dress by LEXI is a perfect example of style and fun coming together to provide some new-age glamour.
- Girl in stilettos: You can usually hear these shoes before you see them but with the addition of glittering silver-toned sequins, you can make sure they’re definitely seen as well. Having sequins line the straps of a black stiletto is a sure way to reinvent a classic design.