Coconut Bliss Balls Recipe
Coconut Bliss Balls are a seriously tasty way to pack some nutritional punch into your diet. Roll them in coconut, coat them in crumbled nuts, drizzle them with dark chocolate, or add some dried cranberries – this is the recipe to memorise, glamorise and keep in mind for whenever you need something tasty and healthy in your culinary arsenal.
1 cup almonds
1 cup Medjool dates
2 tablespoon raw cacao powder
1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1 teaspoon maple syrup
1 pinch ground cinnamon
1 pinch sea salt
1/4 cup coconut oil
- Blend the almonds until they are fine and flour-like in texture. Add the dates and blend until the mixture is creamy or starts forming into a ball. Add in coconut oil gradually.
- Add the raw cacao powder, unsweetened shredded coconut and maple syrup, ground cinnamon and sea salt, then pulse until creamy. Roll the mixture into small little balls.
- Roll the balls in the extra unsweetened shredded coconut.
- Place the balls into a sealed tupperware in the freezer for 1 hour to set.
- Remove from freezer and set in fridge one hour before serving, or pack them straight from the freezer into your lunch box!