When it comes to flavour, check out the Antipasto range from Barker’s of Geraldine. It’s the ultimate addition to your favourite pizza; either spread on the base or dolloped over the cooked pizza for an extra flavour boost. For something different, try this blanc pizza recipe created with their Artichoke Antipasto. It makes an easy vegetarian family lunch, main or side.
250g pizza dough (or 1 x 26-28cm pre-prepared base)
2 small/medium waxy potatoes
4 tbsp Barker’s Artichoke Antipasto
1-2 cloves of garlic, very finely sliced
100g mozzarella cheese, grated
1 tbsp pine nuts
1 tbsp fresh oregano leaves or 1/2 tsp dried oregano
Extra virgin olive oil to drizzle
15g/1 cup rocket leaves
Fresh Parmesan cheese
- If you have one, put a pizza stone on a rack at the centre of the oven, otherwise cook the pizza on a metal baking sheet.
- Pre-heat oven to 240°C (or as hot as possible).
- Bring potatoes to the boil in a small saucepan of water and drain immediately. Slice very thinly.
- If using fresh dough, stretch and
roll out dough to a 26-28cm
circle on a floured board.
- Spread base with half of the Artichoke Antipasto. Arrange potato slices over base then top with the garlic. Scatter over mozzarella, pine nuts and oregano.
- Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and bake until crisp and bubbling (about 8-10 minutes).
- Meanwhile, toss remaining Artichoke Antipasto with rocket leaves and some parmesan shavings and scatter over pizza to serve